Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

end of the summer

Due to a series of events entirely outside of my control, my summer vacation is coming to an end- ironically, only a few days after the official first day of summer.  It will help me achieve my goals, on my original time scale, but it still bugs that I only get 2 months--which have been spent dealing with the aforementioned events instead of being all artsy-fartsy like I wanted--instead of 4.

So I'm trying to suck as much creativity and crafting out of my last school-free weekend until August.  Thus far today I've been working on this, which involved tearing my house apart looking for the sketchbook (with very heavy paper) I've been looking for off and on for the past six months; I ended up using different paper.  Sigh.  The plan is to fill it with painting and doodles as soon as the glue dries(screw the cover).  My mom got me a subscription to an art journaling magazine a while back and I've wanted to do it for ages, but lacked an actual art journal.  Now I can't say that anymore. 

As for the rest of the day, the sky's the limit! I might sew, or scrapbook, or take a walk.  I might even-gasp!-make dinner.  Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Feelings? Cries of dismay? Tell me about it!