Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

get away from my lady parts

Lately I've been following the birth control debates going on in Washington, because nothing makes me more cranky than a bunch of pasty old white guys trying to tell a bunch of women how their bodies ought to work. 

I'm sorry, when did YOUR "freedom of religious conscience" have anything to do with MY lady bits?

The hearing last week, which starred several clergymen and pretty much no females, was just stupid. Find some info about it here.

The worst bit?  Someone afterwards said, in response to protests that nobody spoke about the actual health aspects of the thing, “...the hearing is not about reproductive rights but instead about the administration’s actions as they relate to freedom of religion and conscience...."

Pardon?  A debate about a woman's right to have reproductive health care is actually about a middle-aged man's right to pout about reproductive health care?

People make me so mad!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Feelings? Cries of dismay? Tell me about it!