Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

out-of-body experience.... kinda

Living in my body can be really obnoxious sometimes.

Popular consensus has it that my food issues are related to low blood pressure.  Amazingly, getting some kind of exercise helps a lot.  Also, exercise is good for you pretty much all around, so, yeah.  Trying to get some every day, even if just going for a walk. 

Today I've been a little sedentary, though, because I'm a little sleep-deprived and it has left me feeling foggy and disconnected all day.  Plus, I went to the chiropractor at 9 this morning, and that one change to my routine has left me feeling wrong-footed all day. (I'm seeing him for a wrenched shoulder, which is still hurting 3 weeks after I hurt it.  Lamesauce.)  Desperate, I took a caffeine pill as I left to run an errand- and as soon as it hit my bloodstream, I started feeling woozy and shaking.  Evidently my caffeine tolerance is at absolute zero.  This not a good realization to have while driving on the highway, BTW. Having eaten a slab of banana bread (which I probably needed even before the stimulants hit my brain) I'm starting to feel better, if rather jittery.  I need to just throw out those stupid pills.

Oh! And my husband is completely bonkers! He's running around making plans for this weekend and then forgetting to actually let me know.  He's wonderful, and adorable, and a lovely person, but this particular fault makes me crazy.  (Among others.  But my faults make HIM crazy, so it works.)  He doesn't do it on PURPOSE, but still!  He's turning me into a mushroom. (Punchline- Kept in the dark and fed bull.  Old family joke that is probably only funny to Feredays.)

To add to my wrong-footed-ness, the kids are totally off schedule today, and it's not helping.  Caffeine notwithstanding, I still feel disconnected from my own thoughts.  (I know, I hide it remarkably well.)  I just need to get moving.  On things like washing the dishes. (I hate washing dishes.)

Back to the grind, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Feelings? Cries of dismay? Tell me about it!