Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

child development snobs can suck it

For the first time since June 2008, I neither nursing nor pregnant and OH YES IT IS AWESOME.

Granted, my daughter still wakes up screaming every night around 2am and only a bottle gets her to shut up.  Everyone keeps telling me that she's just being a booger and to not give in, but my take is this: when I wake up at night, I am often hungry or thirsty, but being an adult I figure the kitchen is too far away to be worth it and just go back to sleep.  Babies do not have this mental capacity; they just scream until someone gets them what they want.  She'll grow out of it in the next month or so.  Also: getting a bottle at 2am every night is better than her insisting on being attached to my boob for 4+ hours every night. Net win.

I'm in my 2nd term of the summer semester, and doing quite well.  I got good grades last term (a B and an A-, hooray!) and plan on doing just as well if not better with this one.  So far, it looks good, but I'll let you know after I have my first Spanish 2020 unit test in the morning.

Ben lost his job a couple weeks ago. He's been around the house, washing dishes and playing video games, for most of the time since then.  Thankfully, this morning he landed a job. He doesn't start until the 18th (that's the next training session) but he will be making the highest wage he's gotten in the entirety of our marriage.  I'm pretty excited. It's not his dream job, but, hello! Money!  Also, it will give him something to do that is not sitting on the couch watching Invader Zim all afternoon.  It'll be nice having the structure back, too, even if it's a 11:30-8 structure. Meh.

December peed in the toilet this morning, like it was nuffin.  Darius pitched a fit at the same.  It looks like they'll be trained around the same time, which sucks because my son is getting rashes from his diapers being too tight. He is in size 6 diapers and we can barely get them strapped on his giant self.  We are going to pull-ups soon as there's money.  Of course, I would prefer buying real underpants, but we'll take what we can get.

So, that's goings-on around here in a nutshell. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Feelings? Cries of dismay? Tell me about it!