Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

learn and grow

I am Potty-Training Failbot. I put Darius on the toilet when he wakes up in the morning, and any other time I happen to remember. Which is maybe 2 or 3 times a day.

That being said, he did bring me a diaper the other day, while sporting a rather imploring look. He needed a change. I was VERY pleased with him. The fact that he brought me one of his sister's diapers has, I think, no bearing on things whatsoever. Maybe he just likes Disney characters better than Garfield, I dunno.

December rolls over! Strangely, there was no struggling to accomplish the feat. It's like one day she just decided to do it. She learned to roll front-to-back and back-to-front the same day. Behold the miracle baby!

She uses her new skill to get comfortable at naptime. She will roll onto her left side, stick her left thumb in her mouth, and suck on it until she falls asleep. Of course this only works for naps, since she wakes up 45 minutes later screaming her little head off. Bedtime still requires significant input on my end.

My kids are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Feelings? Cries of dismay? Tell me about it!