Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

cleanliness is next to... impossible

Yesterday Darius wasn't sleepy at all. Nope. Since I didn't feel like wrestling him into taking a nap, I just let him play while I made dinner.  Once that was done, I put Darius in his high chair with a heaping helping of tuna casserole (yum! or something...) and went off to deal with the squawking infant.  A few minutes later Darius started whining, and I walked in to see him flopping his head around, falling asleep in his high chair and whining about it.

I felt a little bad about it, but it was hilarious.

Later in the evening, both kids fell asleep on me so I sloughed them off onto the couch and laid December on Darius' arm. They slept that way for about 2 hours, and it was so stinkin' cute I grinned like a maniac every time I saw them.

Wonder of wonders, I used the free time to clean the kitchen. I know, right? Maybe aliens temporarily rewired my brain.  

Back before school started, I had complained a couple times that I would have even less time to keep up with the housework. He said the workload would decrease because the kids and I would be elsewhere several hours a day. HA! If anything it's been worse! I can hardly see the living room floor!

Oh, I love my children....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Feelings? Cries of dismay? Tell me about it!