Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

clothed

I am kind of obsessed with clothes right now.  No idea why.  I want to look like a cute fashionista, and keep running into some really annoying barriers.

1. I'm broke.
2. I could sew some cute stuff with what I've got, but my fabric stash is puny.  See #1.
3. Current fashion trends dictate showing ALL THE SKIN which, for various reasons, I will not do.
4.  Trying to find ideas for stuff to suit my figure is really hard!

I'm not skinny, I'm not plus-size, I'm the just right sort of shape/size to fall in the style advice gap.  It's really quite annoying.

So here I am.  I made myself a dress a couple weeks ago, and it's gorgeous, but I'm a beginning seamstress and didn't take into account that I am not the same dress size all over.  I'm having to take the entire bodice apart to take it in, which is really quite unfun, especially since the actual sewing was done so beautifully the first time around.  It's silly to have to alter something I made. I guess this is what they call a learning curve?

Also, our swamp cooler is busted and it's 84 degrees in my house.  I may not survive the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Feelings? Cries of dismay? Tell me about it!