Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

snuggle bugs

If you ever find yourself struck with insomnia, snuggle a baby.  I'm serious.  You'll be happily snoozing before you can believe it.  On the upside, usually the baby will too- and so everyone will be much happier.

My daughter doesn't strictly count as a baby anymore--she's nearly 2 years old--but she's still great for a snuggle.  And doing so is generally guaranteed to make me want to fall asleep right along with her.  I did this afternoon, but then my son was free to watch silly TV shows and play with my husband's models.

Darius is definitely not a baby.  He's 3 years old, he's tall, and he's very precocious.  And he has finally decided that he can sleep by himself, all night long.  It's so weird- he's been climbing in our bed almost every night since he was just tiny.  The past few nights, he has stayed in his own bed all night, and woken up happy in the morning.  It's wonderful!  You wouldn't believe how much space that kid can take up in a bed.  At the same time, though, it's proof that he's growing up, and someday he won't be my little boy anymore. 

Oh well.   No matter how big he gets, he'll always be my Darius.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Feelings? Cries of dismay? Tell me about it!