Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

attack of the crazies!

In my head I have a list of "crazies".  I call it that, because that seems to be the only suitably descriptive term.  They are hobbies and interests, things I enjoy. That's it. Sounds innocuous, doesn't it?  Most of the time, it is.  Sometimes, though, one of them tickles my mind in such a way that it morphs from a hobby or interest into a 'crazy'. Something I'm obsessed over, because engaging in it is satisfying in the way that scratching a very bad itch is satisfying.

Case in point: I discovered the soundtrack to "Shrek the Musical" at the local library, and have been listening to it over and over for the past 2 weeks. I can't help it.  It's finally starting to wear out, but there's a couple songs on there that are like crack.

My sister-in-law got engaged a few weeks ago, and I volunteered to make the wedding cake.   They aren't getting married until this summer, but I ran out and bought cake pans and decorating icing (which I haven't figured out how to make myself, lame) and spent an entire afternoon making eeny cakes so I could practice piping.  Sadly, the 'cake crazy' was quickly deflated when the prospective bride said she wanted a rather traditional-looking wedding cake, with no nifty piping stuff.  It'll be pretty, but... eh. Not what I would have designed for myself.  Whatever.

Now that I'm out of school (until the 2nd, it seems like forever) I need one or more of the crazies to kick in, or I'm going to get dangerously bored.  Yesterday, my first full day home with the kids, I was going nuts by the time my husband got home.  Not because the kids did anything particularly annoying, it's just that the mildly annoying stuff NEVER STOPS. Gah! Like Darius getting into my glue runner and putting it on the FRONTS of my photos.  Or December getting stuck in the end table, because she was trying to get to the computer cables.  Or them fighting over binkies. You know, that stuff.

I'm so bored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Feelings? Cries of dismay? Tell me about it!